ALTRUS NEWS: A Graduation Ball is Coming!

Read

Follow us:

F T DA
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
It was a savage darkness like no other. Demons descended from the gates and started to wreak havoc in our world - this world called Altrus.
With great effort, the nobles built a last stand; hoping to gather the strongest and bravest of men and women. The wisest and the most cunning.

Do you wish for fame and honor? Or mayhap you fight for a just cause?

Are you the hero we need?
Welcome to Continent Of Altrus.

We offer a new experience of Forum Role-Play where you will become one of the trainees to become the new hope of the continent after the first attack of the demons, their sole enemy.

If you want to join, register or use your recorded account to log in:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Relax and Focus; Open RP
Topic Started: Jul 31 2016, 08:36 AM (1,056 Views)
Jack Fox
Member Avatar

Setting:

Before the weapon selections for Training Batch 03 are held

"Oh man those Generals were too intense," Jack said as he reached for the sky stretching and arching his back slightly. "I hope they aren't like this all the time. I need my lazy time to watch the sun go down and meditate."

Jack walks for a bit kicking rocks along with picking some up and tossing some into the ocean. After walking a good ways Jack found a spot he could be proud. A small area of rocks with a flat rock in the middle them all. Jack's eyes sparkled as he took off his hooded cloak and blouse. When he finished, Jack hopped from rock to rock till he reached his target.

Landing on his hands and feet like a frog, Jack felt the ocean breeze on his face and chest. He quickly sat down to finalize claiming his soon to be new secret spot where he could relax and meditate in peace while listens to the ocean crash on the rocks.

Closing his eyes and sitting criss-cross, Jack immediately shut out the world around him.Everything goes black except for his body. In his mind he begins to spin his internal energy into a ball and holding it in place within his body. Jack is in his trance. Balancing his magic and ki energy in place to conserve and strengthen for future use.

Next Poster:Rianna

Edited by Jack Fox, Oct 26 2016, 12:18 PM.
Off Profile Top

Rianne Serene
Member Avatar

The water was refreshing, and the sea was calm, totally calm. No strong winds that could generate rough waves. She let her body idly drift, gently being rock by the waves. Floating in the water without a care in the world.

Rianne had came earlier in her secluded swimming spot, a small inlet not far from port. One of her small secret sanctuaries in Antar. And her fave swimming spot too, far from prying eyes.

It was secluded enough that she'd usually leave her cloak, and towel partially hidden near the rock formations. Its fine to let down her guard once in a while, after all none had yet intruded upon her swimming time.

Note:
Rianne just floating in the water.
Posted ImageChar Sheet | Tracker | Journal | Scrapbook | Rp Stat Book
Off Profile Top

Jack Fox
Member Avatar

Jack, still meditating at the time, hears an odd sound that shouldn't be heard when one finds a quiet spot with specific sounds he listens to help keep his concentration. He hears a small floosh followed by a small splash each in a slow pace rhythm much like someone floating. Couldn't tell how far off but they are somewhat close.

"YOU THERE," Jack shouted without opening one eye. "LEAVE THIS PLACE AT ONCE! I DISCOVERED THIS PLACE FIRST AND WILL NOT SURRENDER THIS SPOT! BE ADVISED THAT IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE MY HEARING RANGE YOU WILL BE REMOVED BY FORCE!"

Jack doesn't stir from his spot while he mentally puts himself back in his trance. Listening for any other sounds that might indicate a person leaving.
Edited by Jack Fox, Jul 31 2016, 10:15 AM.
Off Profile Top

Rianne Serene
Member Avatar

What Rianne loves about floating and drifting in the waves, is that her ears were submerged in the water. All she could hear was the water around her. It really helps one tune out of the surrounding noise. The push and pull of the waves reminds her of the gentle rocking of a familiar face during bed time. The sea as her cradle and the sound of the waves as her lullaby. Rianne could stay like this for hours if nature and her body permits.

Her eyes remained closed avoiding the warm gaze of the sun. Wondering have she float far of shore? Or just closed by, she can't feel anything beneath her yet. But she could care less for now, Rianne wants to soak up all the peace and relaxation, the sea could provide her.

After all once she's back on land, her life as a trainee will resume again. The noise of the turbulent times of Altrus will once again engulf her. The sounds of swords clashings, bodies slamming against each other, scream and yells are noises she has gotten used to while being in Antar and part of the Training Order. But all of those noises will have to wait.

She wasn't that long since she last resurfaced, maybe 10-15mins? Rianne was relax she can't feel the flow of time. Her face remained baking under the sun. Her skin was still moist which, indicates she still has a few more minutes before she should dive and swim around again. Rianne was in her own little word. Engulf in a small bliss period, she didn't realize the man threatening her from the shore.

OOTD
Edited by Rianne Serene, Aug 1 2016, 04:36 AM.
Off Profile Top

Jack Fox
Member Avatar

Jack, being annoyed by the sound still on going sound of someone swimming, leapt eight feet into the air from the rock he was sitting on. After he found the sound he dove head first toward the target area. Jack opened his eyes and grinned from ear to ear as his heart raced, he felt the wind against his face that ruffled his cherry red hair.

During his descent Jack suddenly noticed a girl in the water is his target. "Oh crap," Jack muttered and removed his grin. During this time Jack opened his arms. Jack crashed into the water as well as the small floating girl. As he did this he grabbed her by waist using his left forearm and bicep, twisted his body upward, and swam toward the surface with the small girl in tow.

With a sudden gasp, Jack had arrived back at the surface of the water. Jack knew he was in trouble but all he could do was ask her, "Are you ok?"
Off Profile Top

Rianne Serene
Member Avatar

It was too sudden. Rianne could only gasp when something made a huge splash near her, before she felt it grabbed her waist, then she was suddenly dragged down to the waters depths.

"What!?!" Rianne's eyes fluttered opened, her yelp in protest was drowned by the water. She could see the stream of air bubbles left by her descent, which made her eyes widen. Wahh?!?

Rianne was still in a daze, after being abruptly and forcefully pulled back to reality and quite literally up to the surface of water. Which of course made her gasp again for air. Coughing out the water that had entered her mouth, and trying to blink out the saline water that dampened her eyes, Rianne's daze was broken when she heard a man's voice asking.

Jack

"Are you ok?"

The sudden destruction of her peace and the feeling of nearly drowning, brought up fragments of a childhood memory, made her feel rather snarky. Still reeling from the events that caught her off guard Rianne answered crossedly with her heavy breathing "I... almost felt... I'll drown... for what you did... But I'm fine..."
Edited by Rianne Serene, Aug 2 2016, 03:23 AM.
Off Profile Top

Jack Fox
Member Avatar

Jack, being the gentleman he thinks he is, swims the young lady back to shore. He gently lays her down in the sand and waits for her to catch her breath. Jack then scratches his wet head of hair. "Im so sorry," Jack says standing up. "I was being rude and pig headed. I thought I could relax here and meditate after my first meeting with the training generals here."

Jack examines the girl, smiles, then asks trying to holding laughter, "Why are you out here in your underwear swimming the ocean?"
Off Profile Top

Rianne Serene
Member Avatar

Rianne just remained quiet and still as she felt the man began swimming to shore bringing her in tow, and even as he laid her down on the shore . As she was busy trying to calm her breathing. She sat up straight when her breathing had calmed down, and tried to glare at the man in front of her for ruining her relaxation time. But failed to as the man began to apologize.
Jack

"I was being rude and pig headed. I thought I could relax here and meditate after my first meeting with the training generals here."
He's one of the new trainees? Rianne thought as she observed the man. Understanding the sentiment of the red head in front of her. I guess I can let it slide this time. "I see. It's was a misunderstanding, and no harm intended." Rianne said to the man as she gave him a smile "I'll take your apology." Her cheeks began to flush to the red head's last question. Did he had to mention 'underwear'?

It was a common practice to be bare when swimming, hence most people swim privately, especially women. But not Rianne, she had been wearing underwear when swimming since she could remember. It was her grandmother Ines' way of solving young Rianne's fondness of the water. It saved Ines a lot of trouble teaching the small child to wear her underwear when swimming, than letting the child ruin her dresses by being drenched from swimming, or being scolded by Irina for being bare, especially out in the water. Calm down Ria, you're still covered! There's nothing to be ashamed of anyway! You aren't naked!

"Well...Training can be hectic, so the small window of relaxing time is very much welcomed." Rianne scratched the back of her head "I came here to my usual spot to relax. As swimming helps me relax and at the same time a good work out for the legs." Standing up she began dusting off the sand on her body and her hands. "Well this is an awkward meeting." Rianne looked up to the man and offered a smile and her hand to shake "But nice meeting you. And also you can call me Rianne, and you are?"
Off Profile Top

Jack Fox
Member Avatar

Jack reaches out and grabs her hand gently. "My name is Jack," Jack smiles. "Nice to meet a fellow trainee." Jack lets go of the small girls hand and to pick up his blouse and hooded cloak. Tossing the medium sized cloak to the girl Jack ,putting on his blouse, asks "Where are you from and why did you choose to join up?"
Jack then remembers how intense the aura around the generals were. Made him a little angry at how powerless he felt at that time when first meeting them, but seeing this small girl and how shes so calm made him think that he shouldn't be intimidated by those guys and just find a good place to train and maybe a sparring partner.
Jack looks over to the girl.
Off Profile Top

Rianne Serene
Member Avatar

Rianne was a little bewildered when Jack threw her his cloak. And was opted to put it on, mimicking the owner. But paused at the idea, remembering she still has her cloak somewhere. Tilting her head to decide, whether to put on the cloak or not, she heard Jack questioning her of her origin.

"I'm originally from Vetanom. But I've lived in Pomah long before the demons arrived." Rianne answered. Even though she had lived spent more than half her years in Pomah, to her Vetanom was her birthplace and her home. "As for joining, I mainly want to go back to Eastern Altrus. To help retake and defend my homelands, as well as look for my brother there."

Realizing she was still in her undergarments, while conversing, she mentally berated herself. Ria, you aren't talking to your brothers. Just burrow the cloak and return it later! She quickly draped over the cloak on her body, when she noticed Jack was looking over her.

"How about you Mr. Jack?" She asked looking up to him. Rianne was starting to be a little curious of the new trainee. "Where are you from, and what made you join the Training Order?"

Having spent a month in Antar, Rianne's subconscious wariness when it comes to red heads had began dissipating. She internally smiled thinking, He seems less worrisome than the other new trainees. Maybe it won't be that bad getting to know Jack, despite him being a red head too.
Edited by Rianne Serene, Sep 3 2016, 12:19 PM.
Off Profile Top

Jack Fox
Member Avatar

Jack picks up Ria into his arms cradling her and keeping the cloak wrapped around her. Without looking at her starts walking towards the dorms. Jack thinks to himself 'This girl is very light I wonder if I could jump and run with her on the rooftops'. Jack then remembered that Ria called him "Mister" and her asking about a bit of his origin. "Hey Ria, you dont need to be formal with me", Jack explains. "I'm just a guy looking for his next meal. I came from Agudia Forest owned by the Amedea family. I'm only here for the money nothing more. My poor teacher is getting older so she needs a better place to stay."

Jack reaches the road toward the town. As hes walking Jack finds a ally way and begins to run and jump from wall to wall till he reached the roof of a small wooden shop. "Are you going to be alright if i do this?"
Edited by Jack Fox, Oct 16 2016, 10:11 PM.
Off Profile Top

Rianne Serene
Member Avatar

Rianne's eyes widen in surprise, as Jack was swept her off her feet. She couldn't comprehend what was going on. But one thing was for sure, this man was making a habit of surprising her and carrying her around like a little doll. And it didn't sink in well with her, she wasn't a damsel in distress.

"Wai-" Stopping the urge to slap and pull away from her, how should she call it? A new friend? A captor? An ally? Stay calm, this can be talked over. No need to fight. Rianne mentally chanted.He doesn't seem to have any malicious intent. I'll just observe for now.

Like the small child being told a story, while being tucked in bed Rianne barely moved and listened intently. Lulled by her current position and the movements that resonates familiarity, Rianne subconsciously looked up to her storyteller. In the depths of her heart, she was wishing to see the familiar face of the blue haired man, that had always tucked her in bed and told her stories, for countless nights in the past. But of course the face she looked up to, wasn't the face she wanted to see, instead of blue she saw red.

Rianne quickly tilted her head down, trying to cover her reddening cheeks with her hair. Embarrassment started coloring her cheeks as she realized that she must have been rudely staring at him. It was even made worse as she realize the close proximity between her and the man called Jack. Calm down. Calm down. Just listen. Listen to his story!

Agudia Forest? Amedea? Rianne's thoughts wandered about, trying to ignore her disposition. Money? It was not unheard of for people to join the military to put food on their table. Teacher? Deeks for his poor teacher huh...? She found Jack's reason for joining the Order foolish, but at the same time noble. Well, at the very least earning Deeks will be the least of his worries here...
Jack

"Are you going to be alright if i do this?"
"Huh?" Lost in her thoughts, Rianne hadn't realize the winds that had brushed her hair as they moved nor the direction they were going. Which leaves Rianne the question. Where are they now? Trying to answer this question, the blue haired trainee tilted her to the side away from Jack. The colorful rooftops and tarps of the buildings and stalls around Antar greeted her sight, and it literally took her breathe away. For the duration of her stay she had only seen this view atop a crow's nest and not this close. Busy taking in the view to fully digest what Jack meant, Rianne demurely nodded 'yes' in response to him. Keeping in mind to hide her cheeks, unsure if it was still tinged in red.
Edited by Rianne Serene, Oct 19 2016, 12:06 AM.
Off Profile Top

Jack Fox
Member Avatar

Setting:

Relocation: Antar Main Market rooftops (Late afternoon)

Jack did his best not to look down but every time he would he would see her turn red. 'I gotta clear my head', Jack thought to himself. 'She is super cute when she is blushing plus she is half naked in my....'

Jack stopped his thought and looked around for something to clear his head to no avail he found nothing. Then an idea popped into Jack's head that might impress Ria at the same time clear his head. After landing on a random rooftop; Jack throws Ria extremely high into the air. Given her weight made it easy for Jack to throw her. Without a second thought Jack breathes out and powers up his lightning magic through out his whole body. Jack then takes off into the streets.
Zooming through the people made Jack remember how he trained in the forest. Compared to the unforgiving trees, people are easier to past through. No matter how much he trained running through the trees he would always come out with small scrapes from at least 200 or more branches. Plus it was a good way to hide from his teacher when she wanted him to work in the fields.
With his magic enhanced speed he dipped and dodged at least 3 carts, 4 horseman, and 15 playing kids, but Jack knows he won't last long at his current speed. So Jack looks around for jumping spots, But only people and shops were surrounding him. 'Well this will do', Jack thought as he hopped off the first person's shoulder then another's head and finally a now very angry armored guard. Jack then finds another ally way. Using the speed he had left he kicked off each wall between the shops to get one final leap into the air to his goal: Catching Ria in midair.

Catching Ria was the easy part now comes the hard part. With his heart still racing and magic now dissapated Jack tucks Ria into his sweaty chest. Upon landing Jack then rolled onto a wooden rooftop keeping Ria protected. Jack then stands up with a big smile on his face but that expression was cut short by a small cracking sound below his feet.
Edited by Jack Fox, Oct 27 2016, 01:44 AM.
Off Profile Top

Rianne Serene
Member Avatar

Rianne should not have let her guard down. Even for just a brief moment she felt secured in Jack’s arms, the next she felt light as a feather and the wind bellowing around her. If she wasn’t going to plummet towards the ground at high speeds and from altitudes of who knows how high, Rianne would’ve probably enjoyed the bird’s eye view of Antar. She wasn’t afraid of falling though, rather she was more afraid of the impact of her landing.

She didn't care if her heart was racing fast, whether it was from the adrenaline rush or fear. It wasn’t the time for her to panic. Rianne gritted her teeth as she maneuvered to asses her situation, she was able to caught glimpses of Jack. The red-head was fleeting around on the ground. He’s fast I’ll give him that. Rianne mumbled to distract herself from her situation. She swore she’d give the man a piece of her, if she survived this fall.

Pushing aside the fear and the lump on her throat, she spread her arms wide, and using Jack’s cloak tried to mimic a flying squirrel gliding from tree to tree. She wasn’t going down like an idiot, flapping her arms like a bird in mid-air, which doesn’t look logical to her. The lump on her throat, from the suppressed scream became harder to contain. Even if she wanted to let it out, her mouth refused to open. Tears streaked from the corner of her eyes, as the strong winds roughly caressed her face, making her flinch.

Having turned blind eye to her surroundings Rianne felt the rough winds mellowed down, as she felt a light thud and a warm body. See it was just a nightmare! There’s no way I’d be suicidal! Opening her eyes, she saw the red-hair’s bright face. Her already paled face became even more pale, from reality. Well, at least she's still alive.

Her dreadful feeling she had tried so hard to suppress in that short flight, finally caught up with her. But the lump of fear in her throat was able to suppress any scream that could come out of her mouth. Rather she was only able to meekly whimper a small cry. The tears were evident in the corners of her eyes, but she was holding them back. She wasn’t gonna cry in front of this man she just met. Or so she tried.

Rianne tried to squirm away from Jack's grasp, and hopefully hide her face. But she utterly failed, she barely squirmed an inch before a crack was heard, making her freeze. If Rianne wasn’t flooded with mixed emotions she'd probably whine 'Oh what now!?!'
Off Profile Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Non-Training Threads · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Affiliates

Sengoku Horizon Aim for Tomorrow Indignation - Fire Emblem RP Crucify Project Aubade Reluctant Heroes Those Among Us BLEEDING EDGE

Directories

Distant Fantasies panda directory